7.09.2008

Jose Vasconcelos library - Alberto Kalach



It most be rather intimidating - or even frightening - to enter the Jose Vasconcelos library in Mexico City. The spectacular building, designed by Alberto Kalach, is not just a regular library. It's a monument to books.
It is one of the major cultural buildings that should function to turn the urban decay of the north-central area of Mexico City around. It's also something of a scandoulous political affair, but I don't want to get into all that.

This building is just spectacle in the interior. Highrising stacks of books fill this building, dizziling high. I don't want to spend a tons of words on this buildings, because I truely believe that the images of this building speak for themselves. I'm in awe. And I am pretty sure that I'm not alone at that...




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! It's a spectacular building. It's a shame we have to wait until november for the re opening.

Anonymous said...

Very good Photos, is color the building is not so nice (in my opinion), too much complex for a library who pretends to be silent and pacific...but Kalach works are really really good.

Come to my blog, if u want, i put a Link for your's in there...

http://experienciazora.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!